US Army Fokker C-2/F.9
First Albuquerque Visit: 1930
The Fokker F.VII, known as the Fokker Trimotor, was an airliner produced in the 1920s by the Dutch aircraft manufacturer Fokker and Fokker’s American subsidiary the Atlantic Aircraft Corporation.
The military transport version, called the C-2, was developed from the Fokker F.9 model and was powered by three 220 hp Wright J-5 radial piston engines and accommodated two pilots and ten passengers. Three of these aircraft were built in 1926 for use by the US Army Air Corps (USAAC).
The USAAC installed special instruments in these aircraft (vacuum operated artificial horizon and needle-ball) that were used to attempt extended blind flying. The C-2 performed operational checks in Albuquerque during US Army maneuvers on April 28, 1930.
SEARCH OUR DATABASE: