USAAC Douglas O-43 Flying Razor
First Albuquerque Visit: 1937
The Douglas O-43 was a monoplane observation aircraft built by the Douglas Aircraft Company in the early 1930’s and used by the United States Army Air Corps (USAAC) The O-43 and O-43A served with the USAAC observation squadrons for several years before being assigned to National Guard units. The Douglas “Flying Razors” were a series of aircraft starting with XO-31 design and through many changes became the O-46A. The O-43 was delivered to the USAAC in 1933.
The O-43 was of one of the aircraft that became a frequent visitor to Oxnard Field in the 1930’s transporting USAAC personnel on inspection tours and maneuvers. It is documented that this aircraft landed in Albuquerque from 1937 to 1939. One of the aircraft that landed here was piloted by Lt. WT Hefley on October 12, 1937, on a flight from Brooks Field, Texas.
SEARCH OUR DATABASE: